The objects for the Association is formed are :
- To organize into an Association all persons engaged in Engineering Profession connected with the Dairy Industry and having an Engineering qualifications as prescribed in Section 3 from any recognized institution.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences and collection and dissemination of information on Engineering profession connected with dairy industry.
- To spread knowledge on the engineering principles, practices, techniques and methods connected with dairy industry.
- To promote and safeguard the status and interests of the Engineering profession connected with dairy industry and interests of those engaged therein.
- To promote, sponsor, submit, present deputations, memorials, petitions representations to Local, State, Union and other authorities for better laws and administration in all matters concerning any of the objects for healthy development of Dairy Industry.
- To organize conferences, seminars, meetings, discussions, debates, study courses, collection of statistics, exhibitions, shows, tours, trips and to establish trusts, endowments and scholarships for the promotion and furtherance of the aims and objects of the Association.
- To undertake special study of existing legislations with a view to suggesting improvements for future.
- To represent the Association and its interests before Local, State and Central authorities and other organizations, commissions, boards, enquiry bodies, etc. in India and abroad.
- To publish, sell, distribute free or otherwise, journals, magazines, publications, bulletins, books, pamphlets, souvenirs and the like in furtherance of the objects of the Association in any event not for the purpose of carrying trade therewith.
- To subscribe to, or affiliate, collaborate, cooperate and federate with any other Association/institution having these or similar objects either in part or in whole.
- To obtain any charter, Provisional order or Act of Parliament to carry on any of its objects into effect.
- To acquire by purchase, taking on lease or otherwise, lands and buildings, and all other properties, movable and immovable which the Association for the purpose hereof, may think proper to acquire.
- To sell, improve, manage, develop, exchange, lease or let under lease, sub-let, mortgage, dispose of, turn to account or otherwise deal with, all or many part of the property of the Association.
- To construct upon any premises required for the purposes of the Association and building or buildings for the purpose of the Association and to alter, add to or remove any building or structure upon premises.
- To raise any funds for the purposes of the Association by the way of special subscriptions, membership or entrance fees, donation, special fees, loans, debentures or in any other manner on such terms and conditions as may be determined by the National Committee.
- To create Trusts and/or Foundations out of the Associations own funds or donations, grants, gifts or bequest made by person or institutions specifically in that behalf for nay particular purpose not inconsistent with that objectives of the Association and to establish or aid in the Establishment of funds for furthering the objects of the Association.
- To accept from the government, organizations, institutions and individuals, grants, donations, subscriptions, gifts, bequests, endowments, special fees, etc. for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
- To deposit any money or securities in the name of the Association with any bank/Post Office and withdraw the same.
- To engage employees for the smooth and effective functioning of the Association to pay their remuneration and regulate their terms and conditions of employment or engagement.
- To create environment where high degree of talent is attracted and inducted and continually maintained in the Engineering Profession connected with dairy industry.
- To make rules, regulations and bye-laws for smooth functioning of the Association from time to time.
Our Vision :
IDEA came into being on 13th Feb 2002 when the first National Seminar was organized at Institutions of Engineers, Chandigarh. The theme of the seminar was ‘The Role of Dairy Engineers’ and had attendance of more than 150 engineers from across the country. At that time need was felt to have ‘VISION STATEMENT’ of the Association. After detailed deliberations by the committee constituted for the purpose under the chairmanship of the President of the Association, the following VISION statements were adopted :-
(a) For International Level :
To establish linkages with similar international associations for sharing information, technology transfer, upgrading knowledge, skill of members.
(b) For National Level :
To make significant contribution in improving quality, productivity, profitability of business operations for upgrading global competitiveness of Indian Dairy, food and allied industry (both for processing and engineering).
(c) For Self Development :
Each member will make substantial contribution in R & D activities by sharing experience, interaction and using engineering tools like Process Re-Engineering, Value Engineering, Value Addition and Cost reduction for the benefit of dairy industry. And to upgrade knowledge, skills and information of its member through mutual interaction and training to enable them to occupy commanding management positions.