Indian Dairy Engineers Association
There was always a need for Dairy Engineers’ fraternity to have a common platform where they could exchange their ideas, share their views and experiences for the betterment of Dairy Industry in general and of their lot in particular. With the untiring efforts and wide Vision of the founder President Late Shri M.M. Munjial of Indian Dairy Engineers Association popularly known as ‘IDEA’, the Association could see the light of the day and came into being on 13th Feb 2002 when the first National Seminar was organized at Institutions of Engineers, Chandigarh.
The theme of the seminar was ‘The Role of Dairy Engineers’ and had attendance of more than 150 engineers from across the country.
It is with immense pleasure to write that the Indian Dairy Engineering Association (IDEA) is organizing its 11th Convention and Seminar 2018 at Indore from 21st – 22nd October 2018. The theme of the Seminar is wonderfully selected and packed with scope of lot of ideas generation i.e. Dairy Process Engineering from Farm to Table.
Friends as we know that Milk production in India is growing at a steady rate of growth and milk is available in sufficient quantity to think about value added products and diversification. Progress of any industry depends upon direct development of infrastructure and hence the role Dairy Engineers in Dairy Industry. The subject matter of Seminar will give us lot of opportunity to learn latest developments in field of infrastructure development. I would accordingly request all of my fellow dairy professionals to attend the Conference in large numbers.”
Sponsor/Advertiser for the 11th IDEA National Convention and Seminar - 2018
The objects for the Association is formed are :
- To organize into an Association all persons engaged in Engineering Profession connected with the Dairy Industry and having an Engineering qualifications as prescribed in Section 3 from any recognized institution.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences and collection and dissemination of information on Engineering profession connected with dairy industry.
- To spread knowledge on the engineering principles, practices, techniques and methods connected with dairy industry.
- To promote and safeguard the status and interests of the Engineering profession connected with dairy industry and interests of those engaged therein.
- To promote, sponsor, submit, present deputations, memorials, petitions representations to Local, State, Union and other authorities for better laws and administration in all matters concerning any of the objects for healthy development of Dairy Industry.
Our Vision :
IDEA came into being on 13th Feb 2002 when the first National Seminar was organized at Institutions of Engineers, Chandigarh. The theme of the seminar was ‘The Role of Dairy Engineers’ and had attendance of more than 150 engineers from across the country. At that time need was felt to have ‘VISION STATEMENT’ of the Association. After detailed deliberations by the committee constituted for the purpose under the chairmanship of the President of the Association, the following VISION statements were adopted :-
(a) For International Level :
To establish linkages with similar international associations for sharing information, technology transfer, upgrading knowledge, skill of members.
(b) For National Level :
To make significant contribution in improving quality, productivity, profitability of business operations for upgrading global competitiveness of Indian Dairy, food and allied industry.